Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Sea Glass Jewelry, and a few days of Beachcombing




The sudden heat wave brought a few great days to hit the beach this past weekend and with the heat wave, came the day-trippers, the seasonal "tourists" and all of the locals.

I hit the beach early Saturday morning, to find an almost empty beach...only one other person was out walking her dog. I found a few shell beds that had been left behind by the early morning high tide and spent a good deal of time picking out some shells and searching for sea glass. It was quite enjoyable to spend a beautiful sunny, warm early morning on a quiet beach...just searching for treasures, and watching the morning sun rise in the sky, especially after the rough winter we had this year.

As spring turns to summer, there may not be very more quiet beach mornings. But I truly enjoyed the first warm morning of the the year and found it wonderfully revitalizing.


I suppose that becomes a nice bridge to my next topic... Finding incentive from my trip to the beach, I came home and went to my crafting table.

A few of the pieces I created this past weekend have already made their way into my shop on Etsy, and a few more went to the brick & mortars where I have some sea glass jewelry consignments. The images above are some of the new creations and I'll be back at the crafting table later this week to make a few more pieces.

Who knows, maybe I can squeeze in just one more quiet morning on the beach before things get crazy around here : )

3 comments:

  1. What lovely colors!! I wish I lived near a beach too. The bottom one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just discovered your blog on an etsy forum thread, so glad I did! I grew up in miami wandering the beach in search of sea shells -I'm enchanted by sea glass, maybe because I don't remember ever finding it on the beach myself growing up... come on over and visit me sometime:

    http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete