Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hurricanes/Tropical Storms and very little Sea Glass



Wow, it's been quite a while since my last blog entry... Since the last time I blogged, we've had 2 tropical storms come up the coast and stir up the Atlantic. Yet there has been very little sea glass to show for the two storms...okay, actually nothing worth keeping...everything has been "under-cooked" and needed more time in the ocean.

I do have to admit, I have been quite surprised by the lack of sea glass. Even the larger than usual shell beds that seem to appear as the tides become rougher have yet to materialize after the storms. Maybe the ocean is just waiting for the summer crowds to leave so it can reward the "year-rounders" with some ocean treasures... or maybe there will be a bounty later this week when the new moon in September does it's thing with the tides.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy the images of a couple of overlooked items in my Etsy shop. After my husband does a bit of drilling, I hope to have a few new items to share later this week.

'til next time...
R

No comments:

Post a Comment